Swankmonkey Racing - 2004 Mazda RX8
Welcome to the world of the 1.3L Renesis Rotary Engine. Modifications are on the way, and we already have 3 full track days on our car!
Here are some specifications on the stock car. Note the electric steering rack (no power steering fluid!)
Mechanical information from the Mazda website:
- 1.3-liter RENESIS 2-rotor, 6-intake-port, rotary engine with dual oil coolers
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Tochigi-Fuji torque-sensing limited-slip differential
- Front independent double-wishbone suspension with light-alloy upper and lower arms suspension-tower brace, coil springs and stabilizer bar
- Independent multilink rear suspension with low-mounted coil springs and stabilizer bar
- Sport-tuned suspension
- Power-assisted 4-wheel disc brakes
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Upgraded braking system with larger front brake discs
- Rack-and-pinion steering with electric variable assist
- Tire-pressure monitoring system
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with traction control (yes, you can turn it off)
- Coefficient of Drag - 0.31 Cd
We will start listing all mods and findings here very soon. For now we are still creating the basic website. Our RX8 was acquired mid September, 2003
New: Check out the second page of the Air/Fuel Charts tuning link!! Innovate Motorsports updated the beta rpm box and we just received it back with GREAT success!
While you are here, check out the past project cars and see how many mods we did to them! All in the name of fun and domination of the track!
Stay tuned. If you found this site, you are here very early, we will be updating this portion of swankmonkey.com on a regular basis!!!
Latest live news from Deviant:Speed